- Hopefully, it’s not snowing on your day
- Spring brightens our world with a splash of color
- And has us thinking of rebirth
Why not take the best of Spring and introduce it into your business writing?
A Splash of Color
Take a look at your latest business writing.
- Is the writing dull?
- Does the content leave you dreary?
- Are there gray areas in your message?
Add a splash of color to your business writing.
1. Sharpen your writing
Take a scissor to the dead parts of your business writing.
- Replace dead, dull words with Power Words
- Clip your excessive adverbs – really, truly, quickly do it
- Trim long-running sentences – if you run out of breath reading it – cut it back
2. Energize your writing
Breathe life into coma-inducing text.
Use figurative language.
- Instead of Our widgets beat all the rest
- Personify your widgets
- Our widgets outmuscle imposters
Share a story.
- Create case studies that share your success stories
- Simplify the complex with analogies readers understand
- Use video to tell your story – yes, videos use business writing, too
3. Keep your message clear.
Are your gray roots showing?
- Are statistics misrepresented?
- Is there faulty logic in your business writing?
- Do you ramble instead of making your point?
Stay focused on your message. Use this simple 3-part checklist.
- What is the problem – challenge – or point of the message?
- What would you like the ending or outcome to be?
- How do you get there? What’s your solution?
Spring also brings on thoughts of cleaning out the old.
5 Social Media Spring Cleaning Ideas offered a few tips for ridding yourself of social media noise.
But, then you can always take a more literal approach to Spring cleaning – as I did in this quick video.
Whatever path you take, enjoy the splash of color and rebirth that is Spring.
How do you ring in the Spring?
Helping you Keep it simple, clear & uniquely yours – contact me for help with your business writing needs.